Breakfast or snack time does not have to be boring especially when you can choose this healthy avocado smoothie with pistachio and strawberries recipe. Healthy fats and the antioxidant benefits of strawberries makes this scrumptious smoothie satisfying, healthy and refreshing. And, guess what — it’s also quick and easy! How about trying one tomorrow?
Avocado Smoothie with Pistachio and Strawberries Recipe
Serves 2 | Always use organic ingredients when available.
- 1 avocado
- 2 – 3 cups cold almond milk (or other healthy milk)
- 1/3 cup pistachios, in powder consistency (you can adjust this amount) (Use a VitaMix or coffee bean grinder)
- handful of frozen organic strawberries or fresh strawberries
- raw honey or other healthy sweetener, if almond milk is unsweetened
- Cut avocado in half. Scoop out pulp and discard seed.
- If using fresh strawberries, wash them thoroughly.
- Put all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Adjust amount of almond milk according to the thickness you prefer. I found 2 cups to be too thick and 3 cups has a more liquid consistency.
- This smoothie is best when cold. Add a few ice cubes, if needed.
Original Recipe and Picture – Apron and Sneakers