Homeopathic Prophylaxis for Childhood Diseases
an alternative to allopathic vaccinations
While no medicine can guarantee 100 percent immunity, a century of medical literature reveals that the following remedies are as effective in conferring immunity as anything developed in allopathic medicine. They may be taken for general immunization or used to increase immune response during seasons of high risk.
This protocol was developed and used successfully on numerous patients for four decades by Francisco X. Eizayaga, M.D, of Buenos Aires. The remedies listed below are the ones that have been reported useful in homeopathic literature.
Specific Instructions for Developing Enhanced Immunity
1. In general, nosodes (which are underlined below ), provide very specific protection. These, however, can be difficult to find. Give your child a 200c potency of the remedy you select for three successive days. Only one remedy may be given at a time, and not more than one disease may be immunized for each week. You may require the assistance of a trained homeopathic physician in choosing or obtaining some of these remedies.
2. Avoid giving the child coffee or strong tea as caffeine will antidote homeopathic remedies. Avoid camphor (either inhalation or contact) as it will also antidote homeopathics. Menthol, eucalyptus, and other potent aromatics should be avoided for several weeks until antibody levels have built up as these substances also have the potential to antidote the immune provoking action of these homeopathic remedies.
3. The remedy is best taken first thing in the morning or last thing in the evening just before bedtime. Place drops or pellets on or under the tongue. It is important for the mouth to be naturally clean for a homeopathic remedy to be effective. Take nothing by mouth 10 minutes before or after taking a remedy (not even water). It is recommended that the remedy be taken at least 1/2 an hour before or 1 hour after meals. First thing in the morning is preferable for convenience and effectiveness.
4. While homeopathic immunizations have been known to be effective for as long as ten years, it is not easy for a parent to determine how long increased immunity will last in each case. Therefore, it is recommended that your child be given the appropriate homeopathic remedy every 2 – 4 years depending upon his general health.
5. Children who have not been immunized in the above fashion or need to enhance their immunity for other reasons may take the 30c potency of the selected remedy every other day during periods when contagion is more likely.
Disorders and their Prophylactic Remedies
Chicken Pox Antimonium tart., Pulsatilla, Rhus tox.
Cholera Arsenicum alb., Choleratoxinum , Cuprum ac., Veratrum alb.
Diphtheria Apis, Mercurius cyan., Diphtherinum
Hydrophobia/ Rabies Hydrophobinum, Lyssinum, Stramonium
Influenza & Colds Psorinum 200c given in the Fall before it becomes cold will strengthen the system against cold and flu virus; Influenzinum et Baccilinum 200c (from Nelson's Pharmacy, London) every 3-4 weeks during flu season greatly reduces the incidence of colds and influenza; Ocilloccocinum, 10 pellets twice a day given at the first sign of a cold or flu will often abort the infection.
Measles Aconitum nap., Arsenicum alb., Morbillinum, Pulsatilla, Varicellinium
Mumps Parotidinum, Pilocarpine, Trifolium rep.
Pertussis/ Whooping Cough Cuprum met., Drosera, Vaccinum, Pertussinum
Pneumonia – Pneumococcinum
Polio Carbolic ac., Lathyrus sat. Physostigma,, Polio (mixed nosode), Polio (Salk)
Rubella / German measles Pulsatilla, Rubella nosode
Small Pox Antimonium tart., Hydrastis, Kali cyan., Variolinum
Tetanus Ledum pal., Thuja, Tetanotoxinum; it is often recommended that the allopathic immunization be given instead as it produces vary few problems
Tonsillitis/ Quinsy- Barita carbonica 30c given when inflammation threatens will abort the development of the inflammation
When Allopathic Vaccination Cannot Be Avoided
The following procedure may be used to reduce the undesirable side-effects of such vaccinations.
1. Immediately after vaccination, give Aconitum nap. 30c, twice a day for three days.
2. After Aconitum give Thuja 30c, twice a day for 4 days.
3. Two to four weeks after vaccination, a single dose of the nosode made from the "immunizing" agent may be given in the 200c potency if this is available.