Gluten-Free Tabouleh – April 2008
Sugar-Conscious, Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free, Vegetarian, Vegan
Serves 4 – Organic ingredients are recommended.
- 1 cup quinoa, cooked according to package directions
- 1 cup finely chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 5 green onions, finely chopped
- 2 cups small grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 cucumber, peeled and seeded, thinly sliced
- Juice of 1 to 2 lemons, more to taste
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Sea salt, pepper and crushed red pepper to taste
Combine all ingredients together in a large serving bowl. Taste and adjust seasoning with salt, pepper and lemon juice. Serve room temperature or chilled.
Per serving (About 8.5oz/238g-wt.): 340 calories (180 from fat), 20g total fat, 2.5g saturated fat, 7g protein, 38g total carbohydrate (5g dietary fiber, 4g sugar), 0mg cholesterol, 100mg sodium